I was casually reading Redbook Magazine tonight and came across an article that cracked me up. Written by a sex columnist named Anka Radakovich, here in a nutshell, are her 10 intriguing discoveries about men. I’m paraphrasing what she says (don’t want to take away her credit but you can find the true article in the Oct. 2005 mag).
(I love men, don’t understand them, they drive me crazy, and I thought you’d get a kick out of this).
- Men can’t resist the tease – In other words he loves to be visually stimulated through strip teases; one thing can definitely lead to another.
- Men are big kids and proud of it – No matter how old they get, don’t they resort to childish behaviour. Cute, but childish? They like buying toys — so they can play with them instead of handing the toys over to their children.
- Men can’t help but stare at other women – I guess this is good, if you’re a woman that likes to be the center of attention. Being admired by ogling eyes is good for the ego – and yes, married men will stare you down too so don’t be shocked. And they probably enjoy being stared at too — as long as the stare doesn’t say “Eww you are so gross.” The article states that even male gorillas stare at female gorillas. So staring females down just comes naturally I guess. So if you catch a man staring at you, just say, “Eww you remind me of a gorilla” and watch him give you a blank look.
- Men would love to cheat – Now I believe this one. Most men want a wife and an affair. Isn’t that ideal? They would be willing to cheat more as long as they are guaranteed not to get caught. Well, who wouldn’t want this? Surprisingly, some men just won’t be interested even if given the perfect opportunity.
- Men are perverts – Hmm. Pervert. Sexually freaky. Secretly unhibited. FREAKS.
- Men want us to worship them – Okay, this is true, even if the guy screws up big time, he wants you to think he is a genius. In other words, LIE!
- Men love oral sex – I guess men want their fairshare of the good times too, huh?
- Men don’t take hints – Now this is the one thing I know for a fact. I don’t care how old the man is, what kind of degree he has, has many sisters he has, he is going to be very dumb when it comes to taking a hint. You will get very discouraged if you try to slyly suggest something to a man and expect him to get it. In other words, do yourself a favor-S P E L L it out. Otherwise you are wasting your time and he’ll wonder why you have such a rotten attitude. It’s maddening but reality. They just don’t get it sometimes.
- Men love their penises – Hmm, maybe this fascination starts when they’re toddlers and are discovering different body parts. And I don’t care how small the man is, he thinks he has it going on. Sometimes attitude and confidence make up for other shortcomings huh?
- Men don’t get Valentine’s Day – most men won’t get it. They underestimate the importance of a woman feeling valued through him going out of his way to buy her a card, flowers, box of candy, etc. A man thinks it’s silly but a woman takes his gestures as a measure of his thoughtfulness and concern about her. I’ve seen so many men, with frowns on their faces, scouring the greeting card aisle every Feb. 14th – and he’s probably buying a card so he won’t have to hear his wife (or girlfriend, or mistresses) mouth.